5 Things to know about Kinaesthetic Learners
August 16, 2020
Each individual has their own way of absorbing and understanding new information. These are called "learning styles" and they have greatly influenced the education system today. They help maximise each individual's learning capabilities.
One of these learning styles is Kinaesthetic Learning. Wherein, learners process information through physical movement. They can follow and understand verbal or written instructions but deep learning happens during the process of doing it.
Here are some other things to know about Kinaesthetic Learners!
- They might feel fidgety at times- they are always active and would want to experience things through the sense of touch.
- Enjoy sports or any physical activities- kinaesthetic learners have lots of energy and are often gifted in physical activities and performing like dancing, surfing, swimming, soccer, basketball, etc.
- They can also easily remember things which they have touched- hands-on activities are best for these type of learner for them to truly grasp the concept
- They lose interest quickly- they start moving around after long periods of sitting and listening to lessons. Give a short break in between. This will help them to focus on the lessons and homework again.
- They like manipulative tools and toys for learning- they like building and creating things. They would enjoy experiments, arts and craft and other constructive plays.