http://www.schoolofconcepts.sg/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/logo.png 0 0 Ganesan Lakshmi http://www.schoolofconcepts.sg/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/logo.png Ganesan Lakshmi2019-02-07 21:04:022019-02-08 20:41:30Total Defence Day Classroom Ideas!
Imaginary mock firedrill exercise
- Explain to the kids that civil defence day is about protecting our country during emergencies.
- Begin the class by asking kids questions about firedrills E.g. What’s a firedrill? What do you do during a firedrill?
- Explain to them what firedrills are about.
- Explain to them what people do during a firedrill.
- Raise a fake fire alarm, and either get the kids to practice emergency routes, or practice stop, drop and roll (an emergency procedure to do during an actual fire).
Understanding First Aid
- Explain to the kids how one can help when a country is attacked by providing first aid.
- Open up a real first aid kit with only bandages and plasters inside.
- Teach children how to do a simple bandage
- Ask them to do a bandage on each other
3. Visit to the firefighting station
It’s free to visit the local fire stations on Saturday, so why not make use of this opportunity to book a tour of the fire station? Click here to find out more.